Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's cold outside

It was cold in my heart,
It was a lonely house,
With dreams covered in dust.
The music that played,
Was hope that beat with a faint pulse.
You knocked at my door,
I had no desire to answer.
You looked into my heart
through the dark window,
That kept the sun from shining in.
It was cold in my heart,
I sat beside a cold fireplace,
My spirit could not ignite the flame.
You walked in from the woods,
With firewood in one arm and a warm cover in another.
You showed a heart that promised to light the fire,
Gentle hands that promised to strum the cord of my heart,
And play the rhythm of my soul.
I let you stay a while,
When you placed the cover over my shoulders,
When you laid the wood in the fireplace,
When you turned on turned on the kettle, for a cup to warm my blood.
I gave up my key,
and let you move in to my heart.
Then I closed my eyes,
So that I could dream again, 
But you took the cover,
And pulled the wool over my eyes,
And lit a fire to burn my dreams.
You held my key,
And changed the locks,
I could not get out,
no one could come in,
Little red riding hood,
Closed in a cupboard.
Gratel, lost in the woods.
Rapanzel, locked up in a tower.
Snow White in a slumber.












No comments:

Post a Comment